Chiwara Permaculture Research & Education L3C © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Our Permaculture Partners
PERMACULTURE EDUCATION INTEGRATION
K-12 STEM/STEAM CURRICULUM DESIGN & TEACHER TRAINING
A LOW-PROFIT SOCIAL IMPACT COMPANY
Although new to most American educators, Permaculture as a pedagogy has been practiced for over 30 years. Permaculture is now a worldwide educational approach at the forefront of sustainability. With foundations in ecology, engineering, systems thinking, appropriate technology and design, the essence of permaculture is the transition of human landscapes, buildings and infrastructure towards regenerative, closed loop and zero waste communities, which are integrated with nature.
The principles and ethics of Permaculture are a powerful vehicle for problem/project/place based learning, while providing a platform for hands-on civic service learning and STEM education.
- Chiwara offers customized curriculum, training, and standards alignment tables. We help teachers and students cultivate a lens that sees nature as the ultimate classroom, and community as a life-long learning lab.
1/2 DAY SITE VISIT (4 HOURS)
- Private introduction to permaculture seminar
- Property walkabout and site tour
- Homeowner goals & vision consultation
- Food & Energy production assessment - identifying what systems will work for your property.
AFTER SITE VISIT, CLIENT RECEIVES:
- Whole systems site map, demonstrating locations and analogous examples of permaculture solutions in: food, energy, water, building, transportation & waste
- Phased implementation and resource report, broken down in simple to follow steps and timelines.
- Continued support and online help
With appropriate design and technology, permaculture is a powerful catalyst for social innovation, community entrepreneurship and economic development. We help businesses design long term strategies for abundant success. By coaching and consulting how to best integrate the permaculture principles and ethics, our incubation graduates incorporate nature based systems thinking into every decision they make.
From farm to table food businesses, innovation engineers and ecological entrepreneurs, we help design closed loop systems for maximum efficiency, cooperation, longevity and resilience.
BIOMIMICRY FOR BUSINESS
NATURE BASED PROCESS MODELS FOR EFFICIENCY & PRODUCTIVITY
HOME & FARM LONG-TERM RESILIENCY PLANNING